The candidate works in a dynamic, rapid application development environment involving a diverse technology stack that includes C#, ASP.NET, Oracle PL/SQL, C++ and EDI. The business domain is asset management in the intermodal transportation industry. Relevant business knowledge is a plus but not required. The candidate will be involved in various aspects of the software development lifecycle depending on both their experience and project needs. This will involve some or all of the following: gathering business requirements, analysis, design, software development and production support. Candidate must be focused, hard-working and self-motivated.
Responsibilities will include one or more of the following depending on the candidate’s specific skill set and ongoing project needs:
- Document business requirements according to established department standards using requirements documents and impact scenarios.
- Design and prototype UI.
- Implement design elements in conformance with established standards
- Develop and modify front-end/business tier code (implemented in C#.NET/Visual C++).
- Design database structures (Oracle)
- Develop and modify database code (implemented in Oracle PL/SQL).
- Conduct unit tests.
- Analyze and optimize runtime behavior.
- Interact with IT management regarding work assignments and status
- Participate in the system testing and deployment processes (all components).
- Coordinate with the efforts of other team members.
- Assist in production support and trouble shooting.
- Improve and/or automate processes.
Team-Oriented, Detail-Oriented Individual, Effective Communicator (both written and verbal), Strong Work Ethic, Critical Thinker
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated success in a project team setting
- Willingness to adapt and learn new technologies and methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a professional or academic capacity
- Experience with at least one of the following programming languages: C#.NET (Winforms orASP.NET), Visual C++ 6.0, Oracle PL/SQL.
- Project experience in a leadership capacity
- Business analysis experience.
- Scripting languages, process automation
- Experience with EDI protocols and related tools
- This position requires long periods sitting behind a desk performing tasks on a computer and in-house system applications.
- This job function is performed in an office setting requiring normal safety precautions.
- Tempo is fast-paced with stringent deadlines.